Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Crock Pot BBQ Chicken

 A while ago I pinned a recipe on pinterest; and wow has that recipe been re-pinned, liked, and commented on over and over. All those are pretty positive responses in the world of the internet, so it really motivated me to give this recipe a try.

We like BBQ, we like chicken, and I like the Crock Pot (It cooks while I do anything else).

 
It's pretty cool how you can mix some things together, put them in a Crock Pot, and whip out something delicious.

vinegar+brown sugar+garlic powder+red pepper flakes+BBQ sauce+ chicken= 
delicious Crock Pot BBQ Chicken.

Confession: I haven't really fallen in love with the Crock Pot just yet. It's convenient, indeed.... but the food, it comes out as Crock Pot food. Loving it or not, sometimes it's nice to have a Crock Pot meal and here is one I made and probably will make again in the future:
source

This recipe is from this blog, but I tweaked replaced the red pepper flakes with red pepper powder (because that's what I had).

Ingredients I used:

4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
3/4 bottle BBQ sauce
a little less than 1/4 c vinegar
a few dashes of red pepper powder
a little less than 1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

A little less than: means I eye balled it to just about :). The recipe called for an entire bottle of BBQ sauce but because I was only using 4 chicken breasts, I deemed that less than the entire bottle would be enough.

1) Mix the BBQ sauce, vinegar, red pepper powder, brown sugar, and garlic powder.
2) Place the chicken in the Crock Pot
3)Pour sauce over it
4)Cook on low for 4-6 hours [I know that's a pretty big gap--- mine was done within 4]

We had it with mashed potatoes and some Caesar salad. nom nom nom.


No comments:

Post a Comment