Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Reminiscing...

Just reminiscing on what has happened thus far..... [probably too early to do that; but it feels like it has been a very long time] and it is very nice for me to look back and see how much God has got us through and it reminds me that He will see us through right now and later....
Here is just a brief-ish list of somethings we have been doing in the past 2-3 months... and it isn't over yet.
- Hours upon hours searching on the internet for places to live… hanging out on Google maps to get to know neighborhoods.
- 3 x’s 800+ miles: 2400+ miles driven
- More than 40 units and many neighborhoods.
- 2 hotel stays
- 1 day trip back and forth
- Lots of laughing and sometimes crying...crying
- Changing and eating on the go in the car
- Almost getting stuck in the summit in the night time--- I cried from joy when we got to Tejon Ranch… I really did and couldn’t stop bawling… from being so happy THANKING GOD.
- On the long stretch of I-5 on the way back home we caught up on the first season of Modern Family.
- Settling on possibly living in something from way past (not the pretty kind), thinking we are going to live in something wonderful as a California 20s home (fabulous), and finally we are settling in an very nice apartment that feels just like home J
- Buying a refrigerator… 90% of units usually don’t come with one….
- Learning how to send an overnight priority Fed Ex shipment (an envelope for $35!!)
- The recipient was in the shower….. so the envelope could have been sent  via standard 2 day and NOT for $35…. WAIT… I called lovely Fed Ex and GUESS what!? Yes. You can CATCH the envelope in transit and they can redeliver it for you! Chris the delivery man called me and told me he will get it to my recipient within 30 minutes! How lovely! Now I am not too sad about having to pay $35 for an envelope, this time.
- Moving in and absolutely doubting the decision. We prayed, cried, and pleaded. Then we were reminded that this is exactly what we’ve wanted/dreamed and thought about for the past two years… so we HAD to attempt it.
- Checking my email every hour during business hours
- Staying hopeful and having faith when what is in sight didn’t seem possible.
- Realizing we are not really LOSING much…There’s a way to recuperate.
- Understood the power of support from our family and friends. From packing, moving, carrying, wiping my tears, their care, and prayer--- they are here for us.
"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I amyour God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you. Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." -Isa 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment