Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

“we went for another applicant"

“Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”--- Isaiah 41:10

That’s right. God has it all under control. Every single rejection I receive is all in God’s hands. He has the proper place, with the proper employer, and at the proper time for me to start work.  It’s rather interesting to go through a few interviews, think you actually might have become friends, and then you get “we went for another applicant”…. I guess we were never friends… I am just an applicant in this world of business.

I won’t bore you with the lists and the lists of lists of where I have applied, interviewed, and have been ignored/rejected…. But the latest is this morning… for a secretary position… I call back the person who was in charge of hiring, had my notebook out--- ready to take notes… the call was much shorter than I hoped for… this is what I wrote down:

Pay= $0
Health Insurance taken out per pay period= doesn’t matter

I didn’t get it. Treading on……

And I did a little...very little...cry… asked God for help because I cannot do anything at all, and went back into my comfortable office to continue working, surrounded by co-workers that I have grown rather fond of.

My Upcoming "Tread":
Ladies and gentlemen for the first time ever in my life I am going to drive 400 miles away from home… to my other home and of course back. I drive everyday… and I never really worry about car troubles—such as tires popping or car overheating (I’m pretty sure worse things can happen)… but awaiting this Thursday that is what I think about. Vlad did a good job to prepare my car for trips as such and also gave me a handy dandy AAA card where someone will come rescue me wherever I am…. This leads me to my second worry. My iPhone… it’s a great phone but sometimes it has a mind/world of its own and chooses to crash and disconnect me from the world completely. So as long car troubles and phone troubles don’t happen at the same time… it will be good. I was thinking of learning how to change a spare… but that tire is way too heavy--- it’s not a small spare--- no I am not pretending to be a feeble girly girl who can’t learn to change a tire… but it’s a very heavy tire.

On this 3 day trip I will have the opportunity to interview for a banker type position with USC… first with the company COO and then the CEO (hopefully!)… and if that fails…  I will be meeting with a recruiter from Robert Half Finance and Accounting.

I will also be able to spend some time with Vlad, cook up some meals, make my home even homier, go to church, and drive back to my lovely Sacramento.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Olya for job hunting. God will give you the best position where He wants you to be. A job that you will enjoy doing everyday and will do with gladness as for the Lord. It just takes time and faith on your end.

    -Zhenya

    ReplyDelete