Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

...live by faith in future grace

Oh my, the past couple of days have been rather eventful and a great exercise of faith for me. No matter how afraid I am of change, it's happening and it is stretching me in all positive directions. I am soley banking on the promises of God.

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you." Psalm 56:3


I made it to and from Los Angeles just fine, no car nor phone troubles. Thursday night was a nice and relaxing evening, although I was a bit nervous about my upcoming interviews the following morning, I still had a sense of peace. So instead of being nervous and wasting a perfect evening by being weary, I was able to enjoy my Burbank home from the start. It was very nice to see and be with Vlad.



On Friday I drove down to my interview, 14 miles away from the apartment= 45 minute commute in the busy morning.... Not too shabby. After the interview the COO told me that he would make a decision within two hours and I might be called back to meet with the CEO, so I went to my car, wasn't really sure what to think, but I gave it to God and wasn't going to take it back. I was ready for a yes or a no. I sat in my car and enjoyed reading through Jude and by the time I was done I received a phone call from the manager of the branch I applied for (btw Jude is only 25 verses long) so the phone call was less than 30 minutes later. She told me that I didn't need to meet with the CEO and I got the job!!! I am not sure who sounded more excited her or me, but it was one exciting phone call. And after about 4 hours of thinking about it, talking it over with Vlad, praying about it, I accepted the offer. DONE.

Then I also had an opportunity to meet with 3 individuals at Robert Half Finance and Accounting in Pasedena, this was a great opportunity and hopefully will open up a door for me within the accounting field. The manager even asked me if I ever thought of doing what she does, recruiting, I laughed and asked if she was sure because I have not been very good at finding the right job for myself. But she was serious and I might be interested.

Now, enough of my never ending job seeking blabbering. Did you know that Safeway in Los Angelss is VONS? Well it is and the first thing I did was sign up for the club card to get the club savings. So Vlad and I are officially in with our VONS club cards... It's linked to my cell phone #... FYI my friends--- so don't pay the higher prices, that's for visitors. We bought much yummy foods and enjoyed dinner at home just like the old times.

Saturday was a very fun day. While Vlad went to a Tirubian writing class, I went ahead and did a load of laundry for the first time in the laundry place on site, which went well, since the apartment complex is rather small and people take care of their things, the washers and dryers are nice and clean and the room they are in is also nice and clean... Nice and clean makes me happy. $2.50 per load.... I am not sure how happy that makes me but it is what it is. Then, I decided to be creative and type out a meal plan for Vlad, so that way when he is alone he doesn't have to always eat unhealthy. Now I hope he found it useful, we shall see.


Now to the fun part: when Vlad came home we had a delicious brunch, Vlad washed the carpet (twice), and we headed out to Santa Monica for the late afternoon through sunset. Followed by dinner at Zankou Chicken in Burbank and a movie, Courageous. Ah it felt so good to be with my husband at home, together, just as before.

On Sunday, for the very first time we attended the church service at Grace Community Church. We went to the 8:30 am service and Crossroads right after. Listened to great sermons. Met some new people who I will have to re-meet about 3 more times to remember everyone. And then had lunch at Mark's and Anna's. Such sweet siblings, they are very encouraging, and make the big and strange Los Angeles smaller and more homey. I am looking forward to becoming even better friends with them. It was difficult to leave because we were enjoying spending time together, but I had to get on the road, back to Sacramento. Then it was also difficult to leave Vlad when we got to our apartment for me to pick up all my stuff. Another week break from from each other, but it's helping me to stay objective and leave emotion out of my situation.

I ended up driving out by 5:30 p.m. which means I drove in the dark by the time I got to the summit. I had to be grown up and just do it. By the time I got back to Sacramento... My cold which has been developing since about the Thursday I left became a vicious yucky cold, so after so much action my body gave up and decided to let me get sick.

I had to go to work because I wanted to not delay even a day to put in my two weeks. So it's official my last day at work here is on the 17th of February. 5 years later I am leaving Premier West Bank. Bittersweet.

Now with my two weeks in, I am at home, in bed, sick. Hope to feel better soon because I have a few people to see before I head out.

No comments:

Post a Comment