Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Finishing Off the Week


Well here comes my end to living in three different homes. I guess it’s more normal to have one place… and that is what I am going to transition to now. When all the commotion of moving started it was rather overwhelming, I had things in Citrus Heights, Natomas, and Los Angeles. My husband was 400 miles away from me for 5/7 of the week well more like 4.5/7 of the week. And all we talked about was the m-o-v-e. Not only us but also those around us… Very often we got a surprised look from those who thought we moved and most of the time when we parted ways with friends it was a hug of well we might not see each other for a while. Week after week this has been the case…. but now after this week ends, come Monday Vlad and I are leaving TOGETHER and probably for at least 2-3 weeks before we come back… or perhaps even more time. We need to make our Burbank apartment our HOME (for now). Thanks for all the prayers and support because I feel at peace with this transition and starting my new job at USC ß I feel so fancy saying that…. Yes…. I am a USC employee… no not faculty… I might elaborate on this later.
It has been rather sweet to be able to spend some more time with my parents and sisters while I lived with them Monday night through Thursday. And it was also sweet to spend some more time with Vlad’s parents from Friday through Sunday. Everyone has been so sweet, supportive, patient, loving, caring, giving, and thoughtful. I am so blessed to be surrounded by my loving family. My little sisters and parents are my best friends. I also hope that the distance in miles doesn’t grow a gap between us and our nice, tight, circle of friends. I am very thankful to have them in my life. I can’t imagine living 6 hours from them all but I don’t have to imagine it anymore, because it is actually happening. It seems like many people survive the separation and I guess I have to be part of that people group who are far away from their parents, siblings, and friends.

Now my hope is that all my loved ones find some time in their busy schedules, come visit us, help us make Burbank more “homey”, and make Los Angeles not seem so far away.   
Look at all the great things you can pass along the way to visit us… I hope you like fields, vista points, rest areas, travel centers, and straight roads!!! Easy-Peezy of a road to travel! 

Now to finish off the week I have plenty of farewell dates to go on with my family, friends, and coworkers, which I will share photos of once I am situated in L.A. with my computer, camera, and all.

1 comment:

  1. Okay how have I not seen your blog before? It's kind of funny because you are in the exact opposite position I was a few years ago. Moved to Sacramento and left all of my family in LA. Literally, my sister and her husband live in Burbank and my lil' sis lives in Valencia. You should totally go to the COC bible study because they both go there! It's tough - I won't lie to you. There are days when I'm really sad about being so far away BUT God is so gracious and He always provides what you need whether it's new friends or a new church or a call/visit from your fam. And yes I totally thought you had already moved. :) I'm a little late I guess...

    ReplyDelete