Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

From USC to J.G. Boswell

I officially got an offer letter from J.G. Boswell Company!! An offer I was not expecting and I am so happy. I cried when my recruiter told me that I am wanted there as a staff accountant. It's a pretty big deal for me because it is finally my foot in the door in the world of accounting. I am so happy I get to continue growing in what I actually have interest in and as long as the Lord wills for me to continue working I will seize the opportunity! I have the best recruiter- Beth- from Robert Half Finance & Accounting. There are different divisions within the staffing agency- the Accountemps (could be temp to hire) and the Permanent Placement Division. Beth is from the permanent placement division. I felt like she grabbed my hand and helped me land this job at J.G. Boswell, she communicated with me through every step of the way and was available for me to ask her any questions I had. I seriously did not expect anything to come out of this company because they are swarmed with so many qualified applicants, but by the grace of God, within the sea of resumes, Beth was able to spot me as an applicant for such a great company.

2/29/2012 This morning, I went to USC and returned my keys, thanked them for the opportunity, explained that I had to move on.... and here I am moving on and couldn't be any happier about it.

Some Snap Shots from the USC adventure I had: 

It is a very pretty campus.
Parking was the biggest challenge- needed permit that was sold out and had to figure out where to park ($1/hour)- so what it meant: work started at 8:30 a.m. I had to leave the house by 6:50 a.m.; find parking and walk to the branch.


I was already set and ready to be trained... (I went ahead kept the lanyard so I can look at it and PRAISE God for delivering me out of that situation and giving me more than I ever hoped for).
With the new job:
-I will be able to leave my house within 25 minutes and get there with time to spare.
-I won't have to search for parking, there is a parking lot for the employee's cars & its F-R-E-E!!
-I am not going to be hourly---  :) which I appreciate because every day is so different and sometimes you need a later/earlier lunch or you need to come in later or leave earlier or stay later!
-I don't have to do sales!
-I am going to be in the field I went to school for and if need be this experience will open up doors to other opportunities. I am so thrilled and so thankful to God for allowing this to happen.

This has really taught me that there is no point to worry about things you really have no control over. I gave this over to God, diligently pursued the opportunity, prayed about it, and was preparing for any answer because God knows exactly when to give what. And I guess this was my time/turn to get the job!

Praising Him!

"Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things." - Matthew 6:31-32

No comments:

Post a Comment