Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

It's Coming Together

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, not let it be fearful." -John 14:27


Boy, the past week has felt like a month. I guess that could mean many things... but in my case it means a GOOD thing. Praise God!! Adjusting down here is not too bad... It lightly hit me once on Tuesday late afternoon (last week)... and that is IT... no more hits (at least for now).


Now let me tell you, I am so glad we chose to relocate to the city of Burbank, after driving around in multiple neighborhoods, I feel so safe and at home in Burbank. In some parts of Los Angles, one wrong turn, and game over---- not really over but game on because you can end up in a not so friendly neighborhood (for all I know those who I am afraid of could be the nicest people) but since I don't know, I lock my doors, roll my windows up, throw my purse on the floor, and DRIVE. Okay maybe that is exaggerating a bit; but honestly I had one incident where that was the truth, I cried my whole way home after being so scared. That's how I react, while I am scared my adrenaline rushes and keeps me calm, but after that passes I can cry for quite a while... there is probably a scientific explanation for this, but I was an accounting major, so I cannot elaborate on the science of adrenaline other than for the fact that it is important!  




Here is a glimpse of what I drive through every day... it's actually pretty eye appealing--- all the buildings (downtown LA), this part of the 110 reminds me of capital city freeway in Sacramento because 5 lanes become three= lovely bottle neck...however, cars actually move fast enough where I cannot take a picture of what I really see.








 Some Great Things are Happening: 
- Our apartment is finally coming together after rearranging a few things here and there a few times, it finally feels like home and even smells like home (more on that later).
- We are going to become members at Grace Community Church.
- I met and am meeting some wonderful people here--- I'm pretty sure I will brag about these brothers and sisters! Right now we are praying about the College of the Canyons bible study.
- I love having our own place again--- I feel grown up and "wifey" again.
- I REALLY appreciate having two garaged parking spaces!
- JG Boswell is responding pretty positively!! (the company I really want to join).

No comments:

Post a Comment